Homemade Pumpkin Pie
Last night I made my very first pumpkin pie! I haven’t tried it yet so I hope for the best since I’m bringing it to the office today for my last day of work. On the other hand, if it’s bad, luckily I won’t have to go to that office ever again. Either way I’m sharing it with you today!
- Butter 100 g
- Flour 180 g
- Sugar 100 g
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1500 pumpkin (at the end it has to be two cups)
- 3 eggs
- 120 g cream
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
To prepare the pie crust:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. To make pie crust, add flour, butter, sugar, lemon zest and one egg to the bowl and mix it all together.
- Bake the pie crust at 180°C for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
To prepare the filling:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, cream, cinnamon, ground ginger and pumpkin puree. In the other bowl whisk egg whites. Then carefully mix it all together.
To make the pumpkin pie:
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the partially baked pie crust. Return to the oven and bake at 180°C for 35-40 minutes, or until the center is almost set (it should be a little wobbly).
- Remove from the oven and leave it for 2-3 hours to cool completely. Cover tightly and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.